Get the latest west coast life sciences, health care, and biotech coverage with our new newsletter, Go West. Sign up now.
- Politics Democrats are suddenly eyeing a valuable pharma asset: its patents
- First Opinion Patent abuse is driving up drug prices. Just look at Lantus
- Pharmalot CVS boasts that a new pricing model will lower drug costs for health plans. Will it?
- The Readout LOUD LISTEN: Using the word ‘cure,’ an FDA loophole, & making biotech history
- In the Lab The ‘CRISPR babies’ experiment was more flawed than scientists first realized
Exclusive analysis of biotech, pharma, and the life sciences
Daily, market-moving coverage of biotech and pharma
Inside intelligence on the NIH, the FDA, and Congress
Profiles of the power players shaping the industry
Analysis of the latest scientific developments
Start your free trial!
- First Opinion Overzealous use of the CDC’s opioid prescribing guideline is harming pain patients
- In the Lab A shot-in-the-dark email leads to a century-old family treasure — and hope of cracking a deadly flu’s secret
- First Opinion Physicians aren’t ‘burning out.’ They’re suffering from moral injury
- Hospitals A new way to curb harmful medical errors: talk more to patients and families
- First Opinion Climate change is speeding up the spread of Lyme disease