Editor’s note: A recording of the event is embedded below.
Isolation. Job loss. Anxiety about getting sick. For all the disease and death that the pandemic has caused, it is also having a stark impact on people’s mental well-being.
At this event, STAT will speak with global experts about how mental health clinicians have responded, the lasting effects of the crisis, and how the mental health system can be strengthened to serve people better even beyond the pandemic.
- Margarita Alegria, Ph.D., chief, disparities research unit, Massachusetts General Hospital; professor, Departments of Medicine & Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Jessi Gold, M.D., M.S., assistant professor and director of wellness, engagement, and outreach, Department of Psychiatry, Washington University in St. Louis
- Afzal Javed, M.B.B.S, M.C.P.S, president, World Psychiatric Association, consultant psychiatrist
- Andrew Joseph, general assignment reporter, STAT (moderator)
- Anamaria Jorga, senior director, psychiatry, pain and inflammation, U.S. Medical Affairs at Viatris (sponsor introduction)
A version of this recording with closed captioning can be found on our YouTube page here.