BOSTON, MA – October 6, 2021 – STAT, a leading national health care media company, today held the STAT Business Look Ahead, a virtual event offering a deep dive on STAT Marketing Solutions. The event was hosted by Angus Macaulay, chief operating officer at STAT, and featured insights from guest Britt Whitmore, executive director of marketing and sponsorships at STAT.
Macaulay and Whitmore discussed advertising best practices as well as STAT’s anticipated growth in the upcoming calendar year, anchored by the launch of new programs including:
- STATUS List: The most authoritative roll call of influencers in health, medicine, and the life sciences. In February, the launch of the inaugural list will be celebrated at an honoree dinner in Boston, and STAT will feature select honorees in virtual events throughout the spring.
- Pulse Check with STAT Brand Studio: A triannual, survey-based report that presents proprietary data on the most pressing issues and trends in health, medicine, and the life sciences.
- Limited Series Podcast: A six-part limited series podcast on the history of a specific disease and the development of cutting-edge therapies to address it and related illnesses. The first season will focus on immuno-oncology.
Word of these new programs comes on the heels of a banner year for STAT, which saw unprecedented momentum in 2021. From 2020 to 2021, STAT revenue soared 40%, exceeding projections: specifically, subscription revenue is up 24%; advertising, 51%, and events, 79%. STAT’s editorial success didn’t go unnoticed, either; notable accolades for the publication in 2021 include:
- The 2021 Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence, which recognized STAT for its preeminent role covering Covid-19
- A George Polk Award as well as a Victor Cohn Prize for Excellence in Medical Science Reporting for Helen Branswell, who leads STAT’s coronavirus coverage, received
- Recognition as Pulitzer Prize finalists for STAT’s Branswell, Andrew Joseph, and the late Sharon Begley, in the breaking news category