In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Over the past six years, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products. STAT is based in Boston and is part of Boston Globe Media.
STAT is seeking a driven, dynamic, and results-oriented individual with interest in advertising, project management, and data analytics to join our business team as an Ad Operations Coordinator. This entry-level position will report to the Senior Ad Operations Manager and will work closely with the STAT Sales and Sponsorship Marketing teams. This individual will be expected to learn quickly and handle a number of simultaneous ad operations tasks, while keeping a detail-oriented approach.
- Help manage and execute digital advertising campaigns from start to finish
- Serve as ad ops point-of-contact for clients and build strong business relationships
- Build native ad and sponsor content articles
- Gather and analyze client ad metrics reports for the Marketing & Sales teams
- Create sponsorship insertion orders
- Participate in internal team discussions and manage internal task assignments that will help grow the business team and enhance workflow processes
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Communication, Business preferred)
- Must have strong written and interpersonal communication skills (B2B experience a plus)
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Thrives on managing projects from inception to completion
- Must be able to juggle multiple, evolving projects with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new digital marketing platforms (Google Ad Manager, MailChimp, Adobe Analytics, WordPress, HubSpot, etc.)
- Interest in learning about the medical and life science industry
- Knowledge of lead generation projects
- Experience working on account-based teams is a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
This position can be based in our Boston headquarters or remotely. While the location of this position is flexible, occasional travel is likely once the pandemic subsides. That would include trips to STAT’s headquarters in Boston and travel to other cities for reporting purposes.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment.
Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter.