Boston, MA / Remote
STAT is investing in new ways to connect, collaborate, and celebrate the STAT community in 2022 and beyond. Because of that, our team is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Community Coordinator to join the Community team.
In 2022 we will launch a number of initiatives including an expanded awards program, an online home for community, and further opportunities for the STAT community to voice their opinions and perspectives. Reporting to the Head of Community, this Community Coordinator will play a pivotal role in both standing up some of these initiatives as well as growing the user base with a focus on measurable business outcomes. The ideal candidate may have experience in at least one of the following areas in life science: event management, social media, content creation, or member organizations or groups such as alumni relations, industry associations, patient groups, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Create and manage our social community events
- Manage collaborator events for our annual Open Doors citywide event
- Work with social media and marketing teams to monitor and grow our online communities
- Collate metrics and measurement reports on our community health
- Identify new community partnerships to extend our community reach
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a community based work function (example: events)
- Experience managing multiple events, campaigns, or projects simultaneously
- Preferred experience in Hubspot, Mailchimp, LinkedIn Groups, Cvent, Higher Logic
- Preferred experience working in the life sciences or media industries
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate deliverable timelines across teams
- Highly self-motivated and effective time management skills
- A willingness to adapt and be audience-focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
Bonus points if you…
- Can display either theoretical or practical knowledge in how community building improves brand awareness and performance.
We know that there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
- The minimum salary for this position is $50,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
How to Apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume on the Boston Globe Media careers page
In your resume and/or cover letter, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
The Fine Print
The STAT office is located in downtown Boston, steps away from Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. We have colleagues in the organization that come into the office on a regular basis and colleagues that are based in various cities throughout the U.S. For this role, we will consider candidates who are based anywhere in the United States.
Vaccination Statement: STAT will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Union Statement: STAT is part of the Boston Newspaper Guild. The hiring manager can clarify if this role is Guild eligible.
In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products. STAT is based in Boston and is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
EEO Statement and STAT’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism. Learn more on our Diversity & Inclusion page.