STAT is a national news publication for the health and life science industries. Our mission is to deliver fast, deep, and tough-minded journalism from the places that matter to our readers — research labs, hospitals, executive suites, and political campaigns.
We’re looking for a junior contract designer to assist our Product Team. This position will be expected to be available for 10-15 hours on a weekly basis and report to the Senior Product Designer. This position will be responsible for creating a variety of visual assets, both print and web, to be used primarily by our marketing team. You will work with predefined design templates, in addition to creating original designs for various needs. These assets should be consistent with the look and feel of the STAT brand. The ideal candidate has a firm understanding of and passion for user-centric design, both in print and web form. He/she is detail-oriented, organized, and has the ability to think strategically about design templates and pattern libraries.
- Support the marketing team’s print and digital design needs (i.e. ads, emails, event invitations, powerpoint decks, social media images, etc.)
- Work with pre-established design templates for recurring marketing assets
- Maintain a consistent aesthetic across all materials according to defined brand strategy
Minimum Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of visual design experience for both print and web
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong understanding and belief in user-centric design
- Demonstrated expertise in typography, layout, illustration, and visual hierarchy
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable sharing work early and often and appreciate feedback
Bonus points for:
- Interest in journalism and life science and health news
How to apply:
To apply, please email [email protected] with a resume and portfolio. Please no calls.