STAT is a leading online media brand reporting on the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual to join our growing Events team. The candidate selected will work closely with the Director of Events and the Executive Director of Marketing and Sponsorships, alongside STAT’s existing Coordinator of Events and Sponsorships to plan and execute events for STAT readers, STAT+ subscribers, and advertisers.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to learn and grow on a fast-paced, new team here at STAT. While the coordinator will focus on the organization and execution of events, they will also assist with larger marketing- and sponsor-centric projects.
- Roll up your sleeves. This is a role for someone who is interested in working on a growing team and helping construct systems and processes from the ground up.
- Assist in ideating, planning, and executing meetings and events for STAT and our clients. These events will take place both virtually and in-person in 2022.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate event logistics from start to finish.
- Coordinate the design and purchase of event materials, and oversee their delivery to attendees.
- Research and coordinate with key vendors for in-person events including venues, caterers, photographers, etc.
- Maintain event webpages, virtual event platforms, and event apps making updates as new information is available.
- Collect and organize post-event feedback.
- Complete and oversee special projects as needed.
- A growing events professional with 1 to 3 years of experience planning events and/or coordinating ongoing projects. Previous experience executing in-person or virtual events, and managing relationships with external vendors is a plus.
- A driven self-starter with a positive attitude. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in start-up environments fueled by creativity and innovation. No detail is too small for you!
- A multi-tasker with experience managing multiple projects at one time, from inception to completion.
- A problem-solver who works well both independently and with a team, and is able to coordinate across all levels of experience within an organization. You have the ability to think outside the box and a track record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects and communicating with high-level individuals is key.
- Organized with a keen attention to detail. Adaptability is also key in the events space. We’re looking for someone with the ability to roll with the punches and run with their own new ideas – from initial research to completion
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
Bonus points if you…
- Have an understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience executing in-person events.
- Have experience producing virtual events or webinars.
- Have experience using event registration/management programs.
- Are familiar with how a publishing company works.
- Are familiar with how media brands have leveraged events as a new line of business.
This opportunity is based out of STAT’s headquarters in downtown Boston, with the opportunity to for a blended schedule to work remotely and in person as the work requires. In 2022, STAT will execute three in-person Summits in New York City, San Francisco, and Boston, along with several smaller events in these same cities. Travel to these events is expected. STAT is also expected to host 1-2 virtual events per month. This role is expected to occasionally work weekends, evening, or early morning hours that fall outside of a standard workday.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
How to Apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume here.