In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live and virtual events, and other products. STAT is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
STAT is seeking a driven, dynamic, and results-oriented individual with interest in digital advertising, project management, and data analytics to join our business team as a Digital Campaign Coordinator. This entry-level position is on the Ad Operations team and will report to the Executive Director of Marketing & Sponsorships, working closely and collaboratively with the STAT sales, marketing solutions, and product teams.
STAT is an online media publication that is focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At seven years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment eager to continue growing our national reputation.
Someone who would thrive in this role:
- Is results-driven and self-starting.
- Loves numbers and data.
- Is an excellent problem-solver and collaborator across personalities and teams.
- Is organized and has a keen attention to detail.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Can manage multiple, overlapping timelines and projects.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working within the digital advertising world – experience at a publication or a media agency is preferred
- Have experience working with Google Ad Manager, Mailchimp, Adobe Omniture, WordPress, and/or Hubspot
- Help manage and execute digital advertising campaigns from start to finish
- Serve as ad ops point-of-contact for clients and build strong business relationships
- Work with Marketing Solutions Coordinator to execute media trade campaigns
- Be the main point of contact on the ad ops team for newsletter-only advertising campaigns
- Build native ads and sponsor content articles
- Gather and analyze client ad metrics reports for the marketing & sales teams, helping to come up with creative optimization suggestions to increase campaign performance
- Create sponsorship insertion orders & check advertising inventory
- Participate in internal team discussions and manage task assignments that will help grow the business team and enhance workflow processes
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
The minimum salary for this position is $50,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, parental leave, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
This position will start as a remote position, but, following the office’s 2022 reopening plan, will be located in the Boston headquarters.
We know that there are strong candidates who may not fit precisely into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
How to Apply: Please click here to apply to our online application.