In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Over the past six years, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products. STAT is based in Boston and is part of Boston Globe Media.
STAT’s business team is growing and we’re seeking a thoughtful, proactive, and collaborative Growth Marketer to manage and support the growth of STAT’s products on and off platform. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Consumer Revenue, this newly minted position will work across the marketing and advertising teams to help shape and craft STAT’s go-to-market strategy across numerous products, offerings, events, and business lines through best-in-class paid media programs. This individual should have experience in managing paid media programs across platforms and will be able to identify and instate imperative optimizations, opportunities, and adjustments to help support and improve our full-funnel paid marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute purposeful, measurable full-funnel digital paid media campaigns (primarily across social media, SEM and display, as well as emerging media channels) driving paid engagement, email lead-generation, ad-sales lead generation, acquisition and retention efforts for STAT+, STAT events, and STAT products.
- Create cohesive omni-channel paid content marketing programs to grow readership to our award-winning journalism, meet long-term ROI objectives, and drive significant engagement growth.
- Optimize media spend across platforms and markets to maximize acquisition volume and increase audience reach.
- Support Director of Marketing in evaluating the overall value (costs, benefits, competitive analysis) of each tech platform as well as proposed opportunities to execute on the relationships.
- Support Head of Sales in launching and maintaining client-based paid media programs for paying advertisers. Provide reporting as directed on the performance of ad campaigns.
- Continuously identify and assess new channels and media opportunities to reach untapped audiences and drive conversions
- Provide analysis and recommend adjustments of budget, creative, messaging and channel strategy based on key performance indicators
- Strategize and implement testing roadmaps for targeting audiences at every point of the conversion funnel to drive eCommerce performance.
- Working with the product team, identify landing page optimizations and opportunities to further drive conversion from paid media campaigns on-site.
- Gather and identify ongoing customer feedback themes to improve upon paid marketing copy and content and to test audience responsiveness to added value propositions.
- Partner with the Marketing Designer to create provoking creative assets, communicating performance back to them for ongoing creative testing.
- Develop and manage relationships with third-party advertising partners, networks, and affiliates
- Help manage the launch of ancillary products, including e-books and STAT reports, driving timelines and deliverables and managing the go-to-marketing launch plans.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience using paid digital advertising strategies to engage and understand audiences in a marketing context
- Prior experience in acquisition, performance marketing, and/or media planning role with a track record of using data-driven methods to inform digital targeting, segmentation and advertising
- Experience with campaign creation, tracking, tagging, testing, and marketing analytics across platforms, tools and ad managers such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google, DSPs, etc. (Google Certified Professional preferred).
- Preferred experience in using Blueconic, Adobe Omniture, or similar systems.
- Experience managing multiple platforms, campaigns, and projects simultaneously.
- Experience with digital marketing concepts, specifically social, web, and email
- Experience with landing page optimization strategies and SEO
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects simultaneously, communicating deliverable timelines across teams.
- Highly self-motivated and effective time management skills.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience-focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment.
STAT offers a competitive total compensation package and a generous array of benefits and employee perks.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.