In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products. STAT is based in Boston and is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
STAT is a leading online media brand reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and strategic individual to help grow the advertising side of the business. The Marketing Solutions Coordinator will report to the Marketing Solutions Manager and work closely with the Events, Digital Marketing, Ad Operations, and Sales teams to ideate and execute integrated marketing campaigns and sponsorship activations for STAT’s clients.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to learn and grow within the advertising, account management, and marketing fields on a fast-paced, expanding team at STAT.
What You’ll Do
- Conceptualize and execute integrated, cross-platform B2B marketing programs for STAT’s clients. You will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to project manage advertising and sponsorship campaigns prior to, during, and after execution.
- Lead kick off calls with client and/or agency stakeholders at the inception of each new campaign.
- Develop client proposals and media plans for advertising and sponsorship campaigns
- Create wrap reports for sponsors of events and special projects after execution
- Develop sell sheets, decks, and materials to support the sales team
- Work closely with marketing, ad operations, and sales to develop creative new products and program
- Aid in project managing the development of sponsored and custom content and act as a sponsored content copy editor
- Create and foster relationships with vendors, freelancers, and key partners to leverage for marketing collateral
- Support the events team with planning, preparation, and on-site execution (domestic travel required ~10% per year)
- Help the Marketing Solutions team with any necessary admin tasks that expedite processes and contribute to the success of the team as a whole
Who You Are
- An ambitious marketer with 1-3 years of experience executing integrated marketing and advertising campaigns, creating and executing sponsorship activations, and managing accounts and partnerships
- A driven self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. You thrive in start-up environments fueled by creativity and innovation.
- A multi-tasker with experience managing projects from inception to completion. You are organized and have a keen attention to detail in doing so. You can also roll with the punches if unexpected hiccups come your way.
- A positive problem solver who works well both independently and with a team, with a track record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- A relationship builder. You are great at developing and nurturing relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects and communicating with high level individuals is key.
- Creative! Our ideal new team member brings their best and out-of-the-box ideas to the table and is excited to run with them
- Able to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
- Have experience with B2B marketing and advertising.
- Have an understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience working and planning events.
- Are familiar with how a publishing company works
- Are familiar with how native advertising works, and how success is measured for a native advertising campaign.
The minimum salary for this position is $50,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, parental leave, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
This position will start as a remote position, but, following the office’s 2022 reopening plan, will be located in the Boston headquarters. The STAT office is located in downtown Boston, nearby Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. We have colleagues in the organization that come into the office on a regular basis. This position is based in Boston, and candidates should be based in the area or willing to move.
How to Apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume here.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.