In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live and virtual events, and other products. STAT is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
STAT, the leading health and science site, is looking for a Product Manager to play a key part in our continued growth. This role will report to the Head of Product and will work closely with STAT’s engineers, designers, and stakeholders across the organization to plan and iterate on new features and functionality for STAT’s technical stack.
You should have a history of launching and maintaining digital products while working collaboratively with team members, have clear written and verbal communications skills, and a history of hitting deadlines while maintaining the highest level of attention to detail.
We’re looking for a product manager who understands how to prioritize business and design requirements into something actionable by a team of engineers. Applicants for this role should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively to solve business, product, and technical challenges and overcome obstacles at all levels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on user experience planning and requirements gathering
- Work with the engineering team to translate requirements into actionable tasks
- Manage projects from planning through launch
- Work with the product team to craft and design A/B and multivariate testing experiments
- Research emerging technology trends especially in the digital media space
- Three or more years of product management experience for software, websites, and/or mobile applications
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to draft requirements documents and technical specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with web analytics and website automation preferred
- Understanding of common web development practices
- A thorough understanding of web usability best practices and trends in product design
- Can stay organized and meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
Bonus points for:
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, CRMs, and marketing automation tools
- Interest in journalism and life science and health news
We recognize that there are strong candidates who may not exactly fit these qualifications. This is a very cross-functional, collaborative role, and relevant experience can come in many forms. Even if your background is different from what’s described above, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about your own skills and expertise.
The minimum salary for this position is $75,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
While we’d prefer you to be based in Boston, we also are considering remote candidates who would be willing to spend time at HQ once Covid recedes.
How to Apply:
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to the BGMP Opportunities page.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee’s designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.