In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine, and life sciences. Since then, we have grown to be the authoritative and trustworthy news media source in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. The STAT brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, numerous newsletters, live events and virtual events, and other products. STAT is based in Boston and is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners, but is independent from The Boston Globe.
As STAT continues rapid growth, the organization has hundreds of projects of varying complexity and scale which support specific audiences, revenue goals, and growth targets. The project manager role will work with the product, engineering, and design teams to establish and oversee a repeatable and scalable process for completing tasks and projects. This will be accomplished using project management best practices and management tools such as Jira. This role will report to the Head of Product.
- Coordinate tasks and projects to completion
- With minimal oversight, monitor progress on deliverables including design and engineering deliverables
- Run and coordinate internal meetings such as sprint planning sessions, stand-ups etc.
- Support communications between design and engineering teams with internal stakeholders and third parties
- With minimal oversight, create project plans, coordinate UAT and release management
- Develop project schedules, maintain status of project, and monitor daily activities of team members
- Coordinate and facilitate the accomplishment of task milestones across multiple work groups
- Identify resourcing risks and proposed solutions against project timeline and quality indicators
- Work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and internal stakeholders to translate requirements into project plan tasks and dependencies
- Foster teamwork and a spirit of collaboration among team members and business partners through facilitation of best practices and tending to group dynamics
- Identify and suggest solutions for project issues, and work closely with Head of Product to resolve
- Identify and employ appropriate escalations paths
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of project management experience working on content-managed websites
- Practical/foundational experience in PM methodologies and practices including, for example: full life-cycle web CMS development, web design, or agile/scrum methodologies
- Applied experience in software development lifecycle
- Proficiency using project tracking/gantt chart tools and issue management tools such as Jira
- Experience with CMS (WordPress), ad management platforms (such as Google Ad Manager) and web technologies a plus
- Excellent communication, influencing, and organizational skills with a desire to continue to grow these skills
Bonus points for:
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, CRMs, Customer Data Platforms, integration apps, email marketing, and marketing automation tools
- Interest in journalism and life science and health news
The minimum salary for this position is $60,000. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, parental leave, and more. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
While we’d prefer you to be based in Boston, we also are considering remote candidates (based anywhere in the United States) who would be willing to spend time at HQ. The STAT office is located in downtown Boston, near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and is easily accessible by MBTA and commuter rail lines. We have colleagues in the organization that come into the office on a regular basis and colleagues that are based in various cities throughout the US.
How to Apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to the BGMP Opportunities Page.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism
Vaccination Statement: We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination