Over the past six years, STAT has emerged as the authoritative and trustworthy news media source on health, policy, medicine, and life sciences, and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. With our explosive growth comes an enormous opportunity for our subscription business.
We are looking for an accomplished, organized, outgoing individual with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to join our team as a Strategic Accounts Manager, focused specifically on growing our enterprise subscription business in untapped markets across the country. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Subscription Sales & Account Management, this person will work closely with the broader Sales and Marketing teams on subscriber acquisition, growth, and retention initiatives. This person will focus on understanding prospective customer pain points, and how STAT+ can be a valuable solution.
- Interface with enterprise prospects, including biotech, health tech, and pharmaceutical companies, policy and advocacy organizations, hospitals, law firms, consultancies, and academic institutions.
- Strategically build, manage, and close deals in the sales pipeline.
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business by strategically planning for account acquisition and retention.
- Manage and maintain 100+ accounts by providing customer service and client success during account check-ins, renewal conversations and other strategic upsell or partnership opportunities.
- Conduct initial meetings with new clients to effectively onboard and train them on how to get the most out of their subscription, and conduct product demos for existing and new users to ensure they are maximizing their return on investment.
- Provide regular feedback to internal stakeholders around the market’s needs and STAT’s value propositions.
- Field general account and subscription / benefits questions (content, reports, events, etc.)
- Support the sales, business development, and marketing teams with the maintenance and growth of all existing subscribers, including personalized quarterly check-ins.
- Support the sales, business development, and marketing teams on ad hoc special projects related to subscription growth, including market analyses & audits (competitive, surveys, voice of customer themes, etc.).
- 3-5 years in sales of enterprise solutions, or account management for medium to large enterprises.
- Demonstrated success hitting or exceeding quota (consistent top 20% performer).
- Data-driven, customer-focused, and detail-oriented mindset.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills (B2B or B2B2C experience a plus).
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience-focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment.
- Comfort with Microsoft and Google suite of tools (Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google sheets, Google slides).
- Bachelor’s degree.
Bonus points if you…
- Are interested in or have experience in the world of health, medicine, and life sciences
- Are interested in or have experience in digital media or subscriptions.
- Are experienced in an enterprise-level CRM.
How to Apply
In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter that briefly outlines why you are the best fit for this position on our online application, and please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
We know that there are strong candidates who may not fit precisely into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Benefits & Location
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, tuition reimbursement, and parental leave. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
STAT’s HQ is located in Boston,MA, but we are considering remote candidates who would be willing to spend time at HQ once COVID recedes.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee’s designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.