Over the past six years, STAT has emerged as the authoritative and trustworthy news media source on health, medicine, and life sciences, and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards, including being named as a 2021 Pulitzer finalist. With our explosive growth comes an enormous opportunity for our subscription business.
We are looking for an accomplished, organized, outgoing individual with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to join our team as a Strategic Accounts Manager, focused specifically on growing our enterprise subscription business in untapped markets across the country. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Subscription Sales & Account Management, this person will work closely with the broader Sales and Marketing teams on subscriber acquisition, growth, and retention initiatives. This person will focus on understanding prospective customer pain points, and how STAT+ can be a valuable solution.
- Interface with enterprise prospects, including policy and advocacy organizations, government agencies, hospitals, law firms, consultancies, biotech, health tech and pharma companies, academic institutions, and nonprofits.
- Strategically build, manage, and close deals in the sales pipeline.
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business by strategically planning for account acquisition and retention.
- Manage and maintain roughly 100 accounts by providing customer service and client success during renewal conversations and upsell opportunities.
- Conduct initial meetings with new clients to effectively onboard and train them on how to get the most out of their subscription, and conduct product demos for existing and new users to ensure they are maximizing their return on investment.
- Provide regular feedback to internal stakeholders around the market’s needs and value propositions.
- Field general account and subscription / benefits questions (reports, events, etc.)
- Support the sales, business development, and marketing teams with the maintenance and growth of all existing subscribers, including personalized quarterly check-ins.
- Support the business development, sales, and marketing teams on ad hoc special projects related to subscription growth, including market analyses & audits (competitive, surveys, voice of customer themes, etc.).
- 3-5 years in sales of enterprise solutions, or account management for medium to large enterprises.
- Demonstrated success hitting or exceeding quota (consistent top 20% performer).
- Data-driven, customer-focused, and detail-oriented mindset.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills (B2B or B2B2C experience a plus).
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment.
- Comfort with Microsoft and Google suite of tools (Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google sheets, Google slides).
- Bachelor’s degree.
Bonus points if you…
- Are interested or have experience in the world of health, medicine, and life sciences, and/or in digital media.
- Are experienced in an enterprise-level CRM
We know that there are strong candidates who may not fit precisely into what we’ve described above or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to outline why you are the best fit for this position, and please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401k plan, generous vacation, tuition reimbursement, and parental leave. We also provide Care.com back-up care and have numerous wellness offerings, including free access to HeadSpace for all full time employees.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter to briefly outline why you are the best fit for the position.