STAT delivers trusted and authoritative journalism about health, medicine, and life sciences. We’re a national media brand that goes deep in tough-minded coverage of the business of making medicines, health tech, science and public health. With an award-winning newsroom, STAT gives millions of readers indispensable insights and exclusive stories on technologies, personalities, power brokers, and political forces driving massive changes in the life science industry. Our brand includes a website (www.statnews.com), numerous digital and live events around the country, podcasts, and STAT Community. STAT is headquartered in Boston, and is part of Boston Globe Media.
We have grown significantly over the past years- from our readers to our journalists, and are looking to add to our business team with a digital advertising and events sales professional. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, growing media brand in an expanding industry that is changing the world. This role will drive revenue by selling events, branded/custom content programs, research, native advertising campaigns, and other impactful brand sponsorships.
As an individual sales contributor, the ideal candidate is smart, collaborative, and assertive. You are a strategic thinker and your clients will rely on you for your smart solutions, creative ideas, and relentless attention to their needs. You are a quick study on clients needs, and can develop and sell integrated marketing campaigns to accomplish goals ranging from awareness, to thought leadership and lead generation. In addition to your knowledge of advertising solutions, you have experience working direct with clients and agencies representing clients in life sciences, health care, professional services, and health tech.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, client businesses, industry trends and target audiences
- Develop and execute a strategy to generate revenue growth in event sponsorship and advertising revenue
- Grow an existing book of business, and knows how to break into new targeted accounts that result in 6 figure marketing programs
- Sell digital advertising and event sponsorships, and STAT community programs
- Sell creative and innovative advertising solutions including: native/branded content solutions, native advertising, lead generation, and podcasts
- Sell custom content and research programs
- Lead the strategy when responding to RFPs or when proactively presenting ideas to clients
- Work with the marketing solutions team to develop integrated solutions necessary to win business
- Build and maintain relationships with key advertiser and agency contacts through a consultative sales process
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years B2B event sponsorship and digital advertising sales experience
- Experience selling custom content and integrated marketing programs
- Understanding of the health, medicine and life sciences industry, and emerging health tech
- Relationships in the industry and at relevant advertising and communications agencies
- Ability to develop, lead and communicate complex programs and proposals
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Highly self motivated and effective time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding record of achievement and exceeding goals
- Understanding of how to leverage marketing automation/CRM to build and engage a pipeline
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
How to Apply
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.
Vaccination Statement: BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment