The 2023 STAT Breakthrough Summit will feature executives from Verily and Gilead Sciences, CRISPR pioneer Dr. Jennifer Doudna, leading scientists and more
BOSTON, MA – STAT, the leading media company reporting on health, science, and medicine, is proud to announce a return to the west coast to present the STAT Breakthrough Summit. The two-day, in-person event will start on May 3, 2023, in San Francisco, with programming beginning at 9:00 a.m. PT. Attendees will also have the option to access the event virtually via livestream. Interested media can email Morgan Hopkins at [email protected] to register for the event.
At the Summit, industry leaders will explore the challenges around innovations that are changing health care as we know it, including gene editing, wearable devices, and new treatments for obesity, viral disease, and cancer.
“The pace of innovation in medicine and health technology has never been faster,” said Matthew Herper, senior writer, medicine, and editorial director of events at STAT. “Day in and day out, we see advances we don’t hesitate to call – dare I say it – breakthroughs. But science remains one of society’s most difficult pursuits, and every discovery creates its own challenges: how to get it to patients, how to pay for it, how to fund further research. We can’t wait to discuss all of those challenges at this Summit.”
Featured editorial speakers include:
- Jennifer Doudna, Ph.D, Biochemist and Co-Inventor, CRISPR Technology
- Amy Abernethy, M.D., Ph.D, President of Product Development and Chief Medical Officer, Verily
- Stephen Gillett, Chief Executive Officer, Verily
- Daniel O’Day, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Gilead Sciences
- Alberto Ascherio, M.D., Dr. PH, Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
- Priti Krishtel, J.D., Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director, Initiative for Medicines, Access & Knowledge (I-MAK); and 2022 MacArthur Fellow
- Vineeta Agarwala, M.D., Ph.D., General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
The 2023 STAT Breakthrough Summit is presented by Genentech, a member of the Roche Group. Additional sponsors include STAT Madness Sponsor, Vertex; and Premium Sponsors, Amgen, Doximity, Horizon Therapeutics, Pfizer, Teladoc Health, and ZS.
Founded in 2015, STAT is a global digital media brand that focuses on delivering fast, deep, and tough-minded journalism about the life sciences industries to over six million monthly site visitors and an additional 20 million readers on the Apple News app. STAT takes you inside academic labs, biotech boardrooms, and political backrooms, casting a critical eye on scientific discoveries, scrutinizing corporate strategies, and chronicling the roiling battles for talent, money, and market share. With an award-winning newsroom, STAT provides indispensable insights and exclusive stories on the technologies, personalities, power brokers, and political forces driving massive changes in the life sciences industry — and a revolution in human health.