Boston Globe Life Science Media, LLC (“STAT”) is proud to produce its family of events (“STAT Events”). The following STAT Events Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in any Events (“Participant”), and such Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, enrollment, and/or application for involvement in the Events, including, without limitation, Participant’s purchase and/or possession of any STAT Event entry tickets whether physical or digital (collectively, “Ticket(s)”). By clicking “accept” below, and/or by obtaining your Tickets you agree to these Terms.
- Acquisition And Use of Tickets
- Creators of Tickets
STAT and its agents and representatives are the sole creators, sellers and distributors of STAT Tickets. Any Ticket not created by and legally acquired from STAT or its authorized agents or representatives will be considered fraudulent and invalid, and subject to revocation. STAT reserves the right to pursue any and all legal action available against any person or entity involved in the creation, dissemination or use of an unauthorized Ticket.
- (a) Participants may purchase Tickets from STAT or its agents in an amount and manner prescribed by STAT from time to time. The amount paid in exchange for a Ticket shall be known as the “Ticket Fees.”
- (b) STAT reserves the right to change the Ticket Fee at any time. STAT will not issue a partial refund if the advertised price of a STAT Event falls below the price at which Participant purchased a Ticket.
- Refund & Revocation Policy
- (a) All Tickets are the sole property of STAT. STAT may, in its sole discretion and at any time determined by STAT, cancel, revoke, or refuse from any individual or company the following: Tickets, purchases, and/or hotel reservations made through STAT. STAT will not be responsible for any penalty, fee, loss, or expense that might result from such action.
- (b) STAT does not issue refunds for Ticket Fees under any circumstances, except as detailed in Section 1.4. Any and all payments made to STAT for Ticket Fees are not refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to, failure by Participant to use Tickets due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases. STAT will not issue refunds for Tickets that have been revoked.
- (c) Unused Tickets have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or events. STAT will not issue refunds or credits due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process. Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received in the STAT office.
- (d) Lost or stolen Tickets will not be replaced. In the event Tickets are lost or stolen, new Tickets will need to be purchased at full price for a Participant’s continued access to STAT Events. If, in STAT’s discretion, it chooses to issue a replacement Ticket in one instance, it shall not be obligated to do so in any other instance.
- (e) Use of a Ticket by anyone other than the authorized individual will result in revocation of the Ticket without a refund.
- Cancellation of Event by STAT
STAT may cancel any STAT Event at its sole discretion. If an event is cancelled by STAT, except for reasons outside its reasonable control, including, without limitation, the following force majeure events: (1) acts of God; (2) flood, fire, earthquake or explosion; (3) terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (4) government order or law; (5) action by any governmental authority, STAT shall promptly refund any Ticket Fees paid by Participants of the cancelled event. STAT will only be liable to Participant for Ticket Fees and not for any damages of any kind or any costs incurred by Participants, even if such damages or costs were reasonably foreseeable.
Tickets may not be used as a prize or incentive in any form of promotion, contest, game, or sweepstakes without advance written approval from STAT.
- Code of Conduct
- (a) Unacceptable behavior includes:
- Any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol or being intoxicated, as determined by STAT, in any event venue or function. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance. STAT does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues.
- Smoking is not permitted, other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event staff.
- (b) Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, STAT may take any action it deems appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if appropriate involvement of local law enforcement.
- (a) Unacceptable behavior includes:
- Creators of Tickets
- Information Sharing
- Use of Likeness
Photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken at the Events by STAT, or others on behalf of STAT, may include a Participant’s image, name, voice and/or likeness. By attending and/or participating in the Events, each Participant hereby grants STAT permission to use, and to sublicense to third-parties, the Participant’s photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements and questions for any purpose, including but not limited to commercial purposes, without compensation or credit to the Participant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
- Sharing of Personal Information
- (b) Participant agrees to receive occasional messages via email from STAT and sponsors discussing future events, promotions and products.
- Networking Opportunities
If Participant consents in a manner specified by STAT, STAT may share provided social media profiles or contact information with other participants for the creation of networks and discussion forums among the participants of STAT events.
- Use of Likeness
- Photo policy
- Non-Press Participants
- (a) Personal digital cameras (excluding SLR/DSLRs) are allowed at STAT Events for capture of content for personal, non-commercial (non-sponsored and non-monetized) use, subject to the limitations below.
- (b) Participants may take photos and shoot video from their seats, as long as they are not standing in the press area, obstructing views, using any sort of device like a tripod or selfie-stick, or using a flash after the session begins. Live streaming of any kind is not permitted.
- (c) Participants are not permitted to take photos or shoot video where it is unsafe or disruptive such as in doorways, fire exits, floor aisles, hallways, sidewalks, etc. Not complying with a request to move or stop capturing content could result in your removal.
- Press Participants
- (a) Professional photography and videography is permitted at STAT Events only with press credentials provided by STAT and only for the purposes of news coverage, reviews and interviews. By accepting press credentials, you agree to the terms detailed in this Section.
- (b) Press credentials are issued at the discretion of STAT and can be revoked at any time if STAT determines they are misused.
- (c) Your press credentials will not allow you to audio or video stream, broadcast or otherwise transmit, retransmit or copy in any form any STAT Event longer than 45 continuous seconds without STAT’s written permission.
- Non-Press Participants
Each Participant understands that participating in the Events is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Each Participant assumes all risk of damages, property loss, and personal injury which may occur by participating in the Events.
In no event shall STAT be liable to any Participant, or any other person or entity for any personal injury or damages to property, damages for loss of business profits or other pecuniary loss, including any direct, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or similar damages, arising out of any participant’s use of the registration, Tickets and/or participation in the events, even if STAT has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Except as may be expressly set forth in these terms, Participant’s participation in the events, and all services and products provided in connection with the events, are provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, and no other warranties, whether express, implied, or otherwise, are made with respect to the same, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or safety, or any warranties that may arise from course of dealing. STAT expressly disclaims any warranties not expressly stated herein.
Each Participant (each an “Indemnifying Party”) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold STAT and its officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, suppliers, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with the Indemnifying Party’s use of the registration(s) or Tickets, or any violation of the Terms by the Indemnifying Party.
- Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any dispute related to or arising out of these Terms shall be brought solely in the state or federal courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, to whose jurisdiction the parties hereby irrevocably consent.
- Updates to Terms
STAT reserves the right to make changes to the Terms at any time without notice to each Participant, so please check back and review the Terms from time to time. In the event that any term or provision of the Terms shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such term or provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision.