2022 STAT Health Tech Summit will feature MacArthur Award winner Joshua Miele and Google Chief Health Officer Karen DeSalvo
BOSTON, MA – Today, STAT, the nation’s must-read health, science, and medicine publication, is proud to announce its 2022 Health Tech Summit. The one day, in-person event will take place on May 24, 2022, in San Francisco, CA, with programming beginning at 9:00 a.m. PT. Attendees will also have the option to access the event virtually via livestream.
Members of the press interested in attending the Summit in person or virtually should contact Morgan Hopkins at [email protected] to register.
The Summit will feature probing interviews and lively panels covering advancements in artificial intelligence, virtual care, and diagnostics. Industry experts, including top thinkers, representatives of tech giants, and startups, will dive into how biology and technology are converging to change the face of medicine.
- Karen DeSalvo, M.D., MPH, MSc, chief health officer, Google Health
- Tyler Shultz, Theranos whistleblower
- Joshua Miele, Ph.D., principal accessibility researcher, Amazon Lab126
- Myoung Cha, president of home-based care & chief strategy officer at Carbon Health
- Eric Lefkofsky, founder and CEO, Tempus
- Atul Butte, M.D., Ph.D., chief data scientist, University of California Health System
- Vindell Washington, M.D., FACEP, chief clinical officer, Verily Health Platform; CEO, Onduo
- Daphne Koller, Ph.D., CEO and founder, insitro
- Robert Wachter, M.D., professor and chair of the department of medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Lauren Cheung, M.D., physician, Apple
- Shruthi Mahalingaiah, M.D., FACOG, assistant professor of environmental, reproductive, and women’s health at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Greg Corrado, Ph.D., distinguished scientist, Google Research
- Ayub Khattak, co-founder and CEO, Cue Health
- Eric Perakslis, Ph.D., chief science and digital officer, Duke Clinical Research Institute; chief research technology strategist, Duke University School of Medicine; professor of population health sciences, Duke University School of Medicine
- Tania Elliot, M.D., FAAAAI, FACAAI, chief medical officer, virtual care; vice president, clinical and network services, Ascension
- Rajeev Ronanki, president of digital platforms, Anthem, Inc.
- Julie Yoo, general partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Andrea Downing, co-Founder, The Light Collective
“Today’s leaders are working at the most robust intersection between science and technology in the world,” said Rick Berke, Co-Founder & Executive Editor of STAT. “STAT is honored to provide a forum where attendees can gain critical insights from top leaders in health tech on future technologies that will impact every aspect of life.”
“Technology has allowed us to continue to be productive throughout the pandemic—and it has long promised to do the same for health care,” said Matthew Herper, Editorial Director of Events at STAT. “But it is hard to make progress in medicine without real, in-person conversations. And that is what we’ll be aiming for at this event.”
The Summit is being presented by Syntropy, a technology company specializing in healthcare data governance, harmonization, and collaboration solutions aimed at unlocking the value of real-world data. “Collaboration is at the very heart of scientific progress,” said James Kugler, Chief Digital Officer, Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany and Director of Syntropy. “Recognizing scientists as our heroes and enabling them to succeed will prompt a wave of new discoveries. This year’s hybrid event is a great example of how we can overcome boundaries and bring more voices to the table to accelerate our continuous journey towards improving patients’ lives.”
Additional sponsors include Amgen, Lyndra, PointClickCare, Teladoc Health, Koneksa, and Wheel.
Founded in 2015, STAT is a national digital media brand that focuses on delivering fast, deep, and tough-minded journalism about the life sciences industries to over six million monthly site visitors and an additional 20 million readers on the Apple News app. STAT takes you inside academic labs, biotech boardrooms, and political backrooms, casting a critical eye on scientific discoveries, scrutinizing corporate strategies, and chronicling the roiling battles for talent, money, and market share. With an award-winning newsroom, STAT provides indispensable insights and exclusive stories on the technologies, personalities, power brokers, and political forces driving massive changes in the life sciences industry — and a revolution in human health.