The use of artificial intelligence in health care is exploding. Hospitals, drug companies and researchers are racing to make use of its newest iterations, but rapid adoption is outpacing our ability to separate hype from real progress.
In our latest webinar, STAT national correspondent Casey Ross breaks down the areas where artificial intelligence is making a difference and where empty promises are threatening to stifle progress. He also discusses the companies operating on this frontier and the tensions between profit motives, privacy, and the need to demonstrate benefits for patients.
Download slides here (PDF) and view the webinar below. You can also download our webinar resources here:
- The government wants to free your health data. Will that unleash innovation? (STAT)
- Opening the ‘black box,’ Google DeepMind AI system diagnoses eye diseases and shows its work (STAT)
- IBM’s Watson recommended ‘unsafe and incorrect’ cancer treatments (PDF)
- Artificial intelligence is evolving fast. Can the FDA keep up? (PDF)
- Artificial intelligence may not be curing cancer, but it’s changing medicine (PDF)