ant to join our team? You’ve come to the right place.
Delivering fast, deep, and tough-minded journalism, STAT takes readers inside science labs and hospitals, biotech boardrooms and political backrooms. We publish breaking news, richly reported feature stories, investigative projects, and multimedia presentations.
Below are positions for which we are currently hiring:
- Work closely with marketing and sales to develop “big idea” concepts for creative, multi-channel native advertising programs
- Assist with development of client proposals and media contracts for content sponsorships and media sponsorships
- Assist with custom event concepts and event production
- Assist in creating and editing sponsored content
- Aid in project managing the development of sponsored content
- Support the marketing team in managing participation for STAT brand and staff in national industry and non-industry related events (includes planning and local off-site execution)
- Support the subscription marketing manager with customer service for individual and group subscriptions of STAT Plus
- Contribute to processing client invoices and tracking purchasing orders
- Liaison with STAT vendors (including graphic designers, writers, and other outside vendors) to manage individual communications projects and ensure that vendor efforts meet the deadlines and demands outlined by marketing manager for respective projects
- Assist in tracking, updating, and formatting of a marketing budget, including monitoring, projecting, allocating, and reconciling department funds for marketing communications initiatives
- Prepare marketing and brand presentations for STAT leadership
- Coordinate monthly analytics dashboards/reports for larger Marketing and Sales team, as needed
- Ad hoc team projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of professional experience required or 1-2 previous internships in a professional environment, preferably in media, marketing, or advertising
- Ability to juggle multiple, evolving projects with competing priorities
- Capacity to manage projects from inception to completion
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills with experience in copywriting, content marketing, or journalism
- Familiarity with the digital publishing industry
- Interest in learning about the medical and life science category
- Ability to execute work on-time and on-budget
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with a working knowledge of WordPress and Photoshop
Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters
STAT is seeking a Reporting Intern to join its team of seasoned journalists and editors in daily newsgathering and writing.
Some of the tasks we’ll look for you to pitch in on:
- Writing news stories, study stories, newsletter briefs, and original reported work
- Doing research as part of a team with other reporters
- Pitching story ideas off of the news
- Production work like putting copy into CMS, finding photos, etc.
You should have prior journalism experience; familiarity with the worlds of science and medicine is desirable but not required.
This is a start-up publication, so flexibility, team spirit, and a willingness to innovate are essential. Also essential: Fidelity to bedrock journalistic values and a commitment to excellence.
The position will be full-time, paid, and based in our Boston headquarters.
The internship dates are flexible but are roughly May-August (Summer), Sept-Dec (Fall), and Jan-April (Spring). You should be available for a minimum of 10 weeks.
To apply, send 5 clips, cover letter, and resume to Lisa Raffensperger (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you’re presently a student, please also indicate in your cover letter if your school will be providing course credit or compensation for the internship.
Due dates are:
Summer: Dec. 1
Fall: July 15
Spring: Nov. 1