STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At almost five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing it’s national and international reputation.
We’re seeking a driven, dynamic, and results-oriented individual with an interest in account based marketing to join our business team. This position will report to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, and will work across digital marketing channels to support the advertising, group subscriptions and new product teams. They will be primarily focused on upper funnel awareness, lead generation and lead nurturing of advertising clients group subscription clients.
A great marketing manager is someone who:
- Is creative, results-driven, and self-starting.
- Is organized and has a keen attention to detail.
- Thrives on generating new leads and advancing existing opportunities for the sales team within specific, targeted accounts and contacts.
- Is eager to learn and implement a variety of digital marketing platforms, and to build and manage a system where one doesn’t yet exist.
- Works well with a team, embraces opportunities to learn from colleagues, and doesn’t believe in saying “that’s not my job.”
Responsibilities and Duties
With the support of the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, your role will encompass the following:
- Build awareness of advertising products to our database of customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with our product team to continue to define and build the ABM tech stack, and to develop more robust on-site visibility for advertising and group subscriptions products.
- Work with Ad Sales and Group Subscriptions teams to identify and build high-value contact lists, and to generate and nurture new prospects.
- Design and execute account based marketing efforts against target accounts.
Create the marketing assets needed to achieve these account based marketing strategies. This includes, but is not limited to:
Writing monthly product marketing email campaigns, building automated sales workflows, setting up paid social media campaigns, writing web content, curating event messaging, and working with partners to generate leads for the advertising and group subscriptions teams.
- Build and manage an online content marketing hub to generate new prospects. This includes product spotlights, customer testimonials, and eBooks.
- Build metrics reports for the Marketing, Sales & Product teams to identify areas of opportunity and growth for the business.
- Design marketing collateral for and own lead generation around new-to-market, high price-point products. For example: New data visualization products, high-end STAT Reports subscriptions, etc.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with and awareness of some of the platforms, products and tools that underpin ABM marketing automation.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, strong ability to manage and complete projects independently.
- Creative, detail oriented and organized, Ability to quickly learn and use new digital marketing platforms including but not limited to: Hubspot Marketing and Sales hubs, MailChimp, Adobe Omniture, and WordPress.
Bonus points if you:
- Are interested in and/or have a previous background in account based marketing.
- Have experience with Canva, In-design, and other creative solutions platforms.
- Have an interest in biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience with digital advertising, publishing and subscriptions, or both.
- Are excited by the prospect of helping grow a business exponentially — and of building the plane as it flies.
STAT prides itself on its culture so collaborative spirit, flexibility, and willingness to innovate are essential. STAT is affiliated with Boston Globe Media but is independent from The Boston Globe.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Interested candidates should apply here.