STAT is a mission-driven online media publication focused on finding and reporting compelling and important stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery.
We’re looking for an energetic, versatile, and organized Administrative Assistant to join the Operations Department in our Boston office on a part-time basis over a three-month period. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Operations Manager and employees through various tasks and will perform operational responsibilities requiring strong judgment, discretion, and quickly learning our organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
- Assist Operations Manager with calendar management, scheduling meetings, and preparing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Assist Operations Manager with reorganizing the office. Including closets, office supplies, storage areas, and meeting rooms
- Provide administrative support to department members
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Track and replenish office supplies and other items necessary for a functioning workplace.
- Assist the Operations Manager in setting up new hires, including IT equipment, office spaces, and giving brief tours of the office/building.
- Assist with celebrations and holiday meals, including ordering catering, set-up, and breakdown.
- Register and greet guests visiting the office and be a resource for visitor questions and needs.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities and follow up to ensure timely achievement of commitments.
- Encourage and maintain an exciting office culture.
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred
- Minimum one year demonstrated administrative strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and G-suite
- Solves problems effectively through initiative, resourcefulness, creativity, and self-motivation
- Anticipates needs and accomplishes responsibilities with little or no direction
- Works with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Remains calm under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor
- Communicates effectively across departments
- Has a willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
How to apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume on the Boston Globe Media careers page.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism. STAT offers a competitive total compensation package and a generous array of benefits and employee perks.