STAT is a leading online media brand reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and strategic individual to help grow the advertising side of the business. The Associate Marketing Manager will work directly with the Executive Director of Marketing and Sponsorships and closely with the Events, Digital Marketing, Ad Operations, and Sales teams to ideate and execute integrated marketing campaigns and sponsorship activations for STAT’s clients.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to learn and grow within the advertising and marketing fields on a fast-paced, expanding team at STAT.
- An ambitious marketer with 2-4 years of experience executing integrated marketing and advertising campaigns, creating and executing sponsorship activations, and managing accounts and partnerships.
- A driven self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. You thrive in start-up environments fueled by creativity and innovation.
- A multi-tasker with experience managing projects from inception to completion. You are organized and have a keen attention to detail in doing so. You can also roll with the punches if unexpected hiccups come your way.
- A positive problem solver who works well both independently and with a team, with a track record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- A relationship builder. You are great at developing and nurturing relationships with clients and partners.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects and communicating with high level individuals is key.
- Creative! Our ideal new team member brings their best and out-of-the-box ideas to the table and is excited to run with them.
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience with B2B marketing and advertising.
- Have a strong understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience working and planning events.
- Are familiar with how a publishing company works.
- Are familiar with how native advertising works.
In this role, you will:
- Conceptualize and execute integrated, cross-platform B2B marketing programs for STAT’s clients. You will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to project manage advertising and sponsorship campaigns prior to, during, and after execution.
- Develop client proposals and media plans for advertising and sponsorship campaigns.
- Create wrap reports for sponsors of events and special projects after execution.
- Develop sell sheets, decks, and materials to support the sales team.
- Work closely with marketing, ad operations, and sales to develop creative new products and programs.
- Create barter contracts and manage partnerships with media organizations and event companies to fulfill cross-promotional marketing objectives.
- Aid in project managing the development of sponsored and custom content and act as a sponsored content copy editor.
- Create and foster relationships with vendors, freelancers, and key partners to leverage for marketing collateral.
- Track marketing budget including monitoring, projecting, allocating, and reconciling of department funds for all marketing-related initiatives including but not limited to promotional products, creative services, and swag.
- Support the events team with planning, preparation, and on-site execution.
- Oversee STAT’s on-site events calendar and produce STAT’s corresponding, monthly events newsletter. Also conceptualize opportunities to monetize these platforms.
This opportunity is located in STAT’s downtown Boston office and necessitates travel to different markets approximately once quarterly.
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Brittany.Whitmore@statnews.com.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.