STAT is a leading online media brand reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by both advertising and paid subscriptions. We are seeking a driven, dynamic and results-oriented Business Development Associate to help identify and contact future advertisers and group subscribers, introduce those contacts to STAT, and secure calls or meetings for advertising and subscription account executives to present and sell an advertising solution or group subscription package.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop valuable sales experience in a fast pace, entrepreneurial environment.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Driven, self-starting, and goal oriented
- Organized and disciplined
- Excited by the prospect of helping build a business from the ground up.
- A problem solver who works well with a team
- Capable of truly understanding the STAT customer – both advertiser and subscriber – and their unmet needs.
- Capable of translating STAT as a solution for those unmet needs for advertisers and subscribers across a broad mix of industry sectors (biotech executives, pharma execs, law firms, consulting firms, VCs etc.)
- Research, identify, and contact prospective advertisers and subscribers using our existing database, inbound leads, and outbound prospecting strategies.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of outbound calls/emails to schedule sufficient advertising and subscription calls for Account Executives.
- Coordinate meeting/call logistics and prepare marketing materials.
- Work with CRO and Ad/Sub Account Executives to prioritize account types and contacts based on who are most likely to advertise or subscribe and set goals.
- Participate alongside Account Executives on client calls to better understand the entire sales process.
- Work in partnership with numerous departments such as Ad Marketing, Subscription Marketing, Finance, and Editorial to understand the product and our financial goals.
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual performance goals
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exposure to CRM and sales automation programs
- Bonus points for understanding biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Bonus points for understanding digital advertising, or digital media subscriptions, or both
In exchange for your expertise, we offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k contribution
- Generous Vacation Time
- Prime location in Downtown Boston
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Angus.Macaulay@statnews.com & Alexander.Spinelli@statnews.com