Note: This job posting has been updated as of July 20, 2020 to reflect a full-time role that will work on virtual events through 2020. The position will work remotely from start through at least November 2020.
STAT is a leading online media brand reporting on the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual to join our growing Events team. The candidate selected will work closely with the Manager, Events and Special Projects and the Executive Director of Marketing and Sponsorships to plan and execute virtual events for STAT readers, STAT Plus subscribers, and advertisers.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to learn and grow on a fast-paced, new team here at STAT. While the coordinator will focus on the organization and execution of events, he or she will also assist with larger marketing- and sponsor-centric projects.
- A growing events professional with 1 to 3 years experience planning events and/or coordinating ongoing projects. Previous experience executing in-person or virtual events, and managing relationships with external vendors is a plus.
- A driven self-starter with a positive attitude. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in start-up environments fueled by creativity and innovation. No detail is too small for you!
- A multi-tasker with experience managing multiple projects at one time, from inception to completion.
- A problem-solver who works well both independently and with a team, and is able to coordinate across all levels of experience within an organization. You have the ability to think outside the box and a track record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects and communicating with high-level individuals is key.
- Organized with a keen attention to detail. Adaptability is also key in the events space —we’re looking for someone with the ability to roll with the punches and run with their own new ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Roll up your sleeves. This is a role for someone who is interested in working on a new team and helping construct systems and processes from the ground up.
- Assist in ideating, planning, and executing meetings and events for STAT and our clients. These events will take place virtually through 2020.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate event logistics from start to finish.
- Organize speaker details including credentials and prep calls, and coordinate speaker participation during events.
- Brainstorm and execute ideas for STAT’s ongoing video chat series by working directly with members of the editorial team.
- Maintain event webpages and virtual event platforms, making updates as new information is available.
- Coordinate the purchase of event materials, and oversee their delivery to attendees.
- Collect and organize post-event feedback.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to brainstorm and create event marketing plans.
- Complete and oversee special projects as needed.
Bonus points if you…
- Have an understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience producing virtual events or webinars.
- Have experience using event registration/management programs.
- Are familiar with how a publishing company works.
- Are familiar with how media brands have leveraged events as a new line of business.
This opportunity is based out of STAT’s headquarters in downtown Boston, with remote work through 2020. In 2020, STAT will execute one two-day virtual summit, one four-day virtual summit, an ongoing series of weekly video chats, and various virtual subscriber events and webinars. This role is expected to occasionally work weekends, evening, or early morning hours that fall outside of a standard workday.
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume here.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.