STAT is a leading online media brand reporting on the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and detail-oriented individual to join our growing Events team. The candidate selected will work closely with the Manager, Events and Special Projects and the Executive Director of Marketing and Sponsorships to plan and execute live/virtual events for STAT readers, STAT Plus subscribers, and advertisers.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to learn and grow on a fast-paced, new team here at STAT. While the coordinator will focus on the organization and execution of events, he or she will also assist with larger marketing- and sponsor-centric projects.
- A growing events professional with 1 to 3 years experience planning and executing live events. Previous experience working with outside vendors and sourcing is a plus.
- A driven self-starter with a positive attitude. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in start-up environments fueled by creativity and innovation. No detail it too small to you!
- A multi-tasker with experience managing multiple projects at one time, from inception to completion.
- A problem solver who works well both independently and with a team, with a track record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects and communicating with high-level individuals is key.
- Organized with a keen attention to detail. Adaptability is also key in the events space —we’re looking for someone with the ability to role with the punches.
- Creative! Our ideal new team member brings their best and out-of-the-box ideas to the table and is excited to run with them.
In this role, you will:
- Role up your sleeves. This is a role for someone who is interested in working on a new team and helping construct systems and processes from the ground up.
- Assist in ideating, planning, and executing meetings and events for STAT and our clients.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate event logistics execution from start to finish.
- Create and foster relationships with venues, vendors, and key partners to leverage for current and future events.
- Coordinate on-site arrangements for all meetings and events; oversee event execution on “gameday”.
- Coordinate the purchase or production of event materials, and oversee their delivery to and from events.
- Collect and organize post event feedback.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to brainstorm and create event marketing plans.
- Complete and oversee special projects as needed.
Bonus points if you…
- Have an understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience producing webinars.
- Have experience using event registration/management programs.
- Are familiar with how a publishing company works.
- Are familiar with how media brands have leveraged events as a new line of business.
This opportunity is located in STAT’s downtown Boston office and necessitates travel to different markets approximately three times quarterly. In 2020, STAT will execute one half-day summit, one two-day summit, six subscriber events, and six webinars. This role is expected to occasionally work weekends, evening, or early morning hours that fall outside of a standard workday.
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.