STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the healthcare space. At five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing its national and international reputation.
STAT+ is the premium subscription offering from STAT, providing subscribers with access to exclusive journalism written by the most trusted reporters in biotech, pharma, policy, and the life sciences. Our focus is on helping subscribers to keep up with scientific breakthroughs, to understand the policy implications in the development of medicines & technologies, and to give them access to market-moving analyses that they won’t find anywhere else.
STAT is looking for an organized individual with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to join our team as the Customer Success Coordinator for STAT+. This person will support the STAT+ Sales and Marketing teams on all customer service requests and account management needs for subscribers.
Our ideal candidate shares our passion for providing the highest quality customer service experience to our readers. It is essential that you are patient, energetic, friendly, and organized.
Subscriber Customer Service
- Read and process all requests that come via email or via our ticketing/help-desk system.
- Troubleshoot existing account challenges for individuals or companies (receipt requests, updates to payment information, login questions, access/authentication support, passwords, etc.).
- Field general account and subscription or benefits questions.
- Formalize our customer service processes/playbook, including identifying recurring themes and questions from customers, surfacing potential ways to alleviate any customer concerns or needs, and working with sales and marketing to ensure consistent responses that meet product and brand expectations.
Subscriber Account Management
- Support the sales, business development, and marketing teams with the maintenance and growth of all existing subscribers.
- Support with account creation for companies, teams, or individuals, as needed.
- Adjust existing accounts based on customer need, including changing users or adding additional members to a group.
- Support all account management tasks, including personalized quarterly check-ins across all clients.
- Support with all retention and renewal activities across thousands of customers.
- Craft usage reports, and pull other data from various systems to support customer or internal requests, and evaluate client success or risks.
- Complete or manage the completion of all administrative paperwork for onboarding new partners and customers, including invoices, vendor documentation, authorization forms, and compliance forms.
- Support the global finance team with reconciliation tasks as needed.
- Support the business development, sales, and marketing teams on ad hoc special projects related to subscription growth, including market analyses & audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have strong written and interpersonal communication skills (B2B experience a plus)
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Comfort with Microsoft and Google suite of tools (Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google sheets, Google slides)
- Demonstrated experience in quickly adopting various web-based platforms/tools
- Interest in the medical/life science industry a plus
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This position will ultimately be based out of the Boston, MA headquarters, but will begin remotely for at least the remainder of 2021 due to Covid-19.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter.
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism.