In November 2015, STAT was launched as a new national media brand focused on health, medicine and life sciences. In four years, we have grown to be the authoritative news media voice in the industry and our all-star team of editors and reporters have won numerous journalism awards. Our brand now includes a website (www.statnews.com), mobile app, and numerous live events around the country. STAT is based in Boston and is part of Boston Globe Media.
We have grown significantly since our launch and are looking to add to our business team with an event and advertising sales professional. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, growing media brand in an expanding industry that is changing the world. This role will drive revenue by selling events, branded/custom content programs, native advertising campaigns, and other impactful brand sponsorships.
Who you are
The ideal individual is smart, aggressive, and creative. You are a strategic thinker and your clients will rely on you for your smart solutions, creative ideas, and relentless attention to their needs. You are a quick study on clients’ needs, and can develop and sell industry-leading B2B solutions to accomplish goals ranging from awareness to lead generation and customer nurturing. In addition to your knowledge of solutions, you have a deep rolodex of clients in life sciences, pharma, financial services, and health tech.
- Develop a deep understanding of the the market, client businesses, industry trends, and target audiences
- Develop and execute a strategy to generate double-digit revenue growth in event sponsorship and advertising revenue
- Grow an existing book of business, and aggressively prospect to develop a large target list and ongoing pipeline of prospects
- Sell event sponsorships and custom event programs
- Sell creative and innovative advertising solutions including: native/branded content solutions, native advertising, lead generation
- Sell custom content programs and the content development
- Lead the strategy when responding to RFPs or when proactively presenting ideas to clients
- Work with the marketing team to develop integrated solutions necessary to win business
- Build and maintain relationships with key advertiser and agency contacts through a consultative sales process
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years B2B event sponsorship and digital advertising sales experience
- Experience selling custom content and integrated marketing programs
- Understanding of the health, medicine, and life sciences industry, and emerging health tech
- Relationships in the industry and at relevant advertising and communications agencies
- Ability to develop, lead, and communicate complex programs and proposals
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Highly self-motivated and effective time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding record of achievement and exceeding goals
- Understanding of how to leverage marketing automation/CRM to build and engage a pipeline
If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please click here
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.