TAT, a national health and medicine publication produced by Boston Globe Media, is focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We tell our stories from the places that matter to our readers — research labs, hospitals, executive suites, and political campaigns.
We are looking for an agile and experienced Senior Full Stack Web Developer with strong analytical skills and a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Collaboration is key here at STAT. In this role, you’ll work closely with the STAT’s product, revenue, and editorial teams to craft new features for and build new products from scratch.
This position reports to STAT’s Lead Engineer and is full-time with full benefits. You will be joining the Lead and one other junior developer on our Engineering team. As part of this job you will be required to work at our downtown Boston headquarters. Working remote is currently not possible, as we are a small team requiring close daily cooperation. Candidates who live in the Greater Boston area are preferred since we are unable to provide relocation assistance at this time.
- At least 5 years of previous web development experience.
- Expertise with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- A proven knack for debugging cross-browser issues.
- Previous experience working with the following: jQuery, Vue.js or other popular JS
- Libraries and frameworks, SASS or other CSS preprocessors, and version control
- Systems such as Git and Subversion.
- A keen understanding of UI/UX best-practices for e-commerce workflows.
- Bonus points if you have experience working with any of the following:
- Front-end performance optimization on high-traffic websites and the agile methodology of software development.
- Integrating payment and subscription APIs, such as Stripe.
- Authentication frameworks, like OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.
- Email templating and notification workflows.
- Adobe Analytics suite
- Google DFP
- Work closely with product and design to iterate on-site features that are typically developed in two-week sprints.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, code reviews, and new production code pushes at the end of each development cycle.
- Stay current with modern front-end development best practices, updating our tools and workflow as needed.
- Manage builds and deployments using Webpack and Jenkins.
- Use Linux on Vagrant and Mac OS X for local WordPress development.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k contribution
- Generous Vacation Time
- Prime location in Downtown Boston
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you.