STAT, a leading health and medicine publication, is looking for a savvy and energetic health tech reporter to join its team. Broadly speaking, this reporter will help shape our coverage of the intersection of technology and health. Our top priority is a talented, hard-driving reporter — but bonus points if you have a track record as a beat reporter covering health, technology, or both.
What you’ll do:
- Break news and tell compelling stories. Among other topics, coverage areas will include digital health startups, telemedicine, the business of health tech, inequity and bias in health tech, and digital therapeutics.
- Contribute to our weekly STAT Health Tech newsletter and other newsletters.
- Play a role in helping organize and moderate STAT events related to health tech, including virtual live chats and panels.
- Work closely with our other health and technology correspondents, in addition to our editorial team headquartered in Boston.
- Prepared to dive in on a wide range of stories — not only illuminating, unexpected, and provocative features, but also smart, quick-turn analyses, breaking news, and exclusives.
- Collaborative in nature. STAT is a start-up with a tight-knit, all-hands-on-deck culture and a strong team dynamic.
- Committed to excellence in your reporting. Fidelity to bedrock journalistic values is a must.
- Eager to sometimes cover other types of health and science news, including stories on Covid-19 and scientific research.
The fine print:
- STAT is affiliated with Boston Globe Media Partners but is independent from The Boston Globe.
- While the location of this position is flexible, occasional travel is likely once the pandemic subsides. That would include occasional trips to and from STAT’s headquarters in Boston and travel to other cities for reporting purposes.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
Interested candidates should apply here.