TAT is a leading online media brand reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and strategic individual to help grow the events side of the business. The Manager, Events and Special Projects will work closely with the Director of Marketing to plan and execute events and special projects for STAT readers, STAT Plus subscribers, and advertisers.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to take ownership of STAT’s growing events arm, build a comprehensive event strategy from the ground up, and work with a variety of people across all teams.
- A polished and professional events professional with 2 to 4 years experience planning and executing B2B events. 2-4 years managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services is also key.
- A driven self-starter with a positive attitude. You thrive in environments fueled by creativity and innovation.
- A multitasker with experience managing projects from inception to completion. You are organized and have a keen attention to detail in doing so.
- A problem solver who works well both independently and with a team, with a track-record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- A relationship builder. You have a proven track record of developing and nurturing relationships with clients, venues, vendors, and partners.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects is key.
Bonus points if you…
- Have a strong understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Are familiar with digital advertising, digital media subscriptions, and/or paid social marketing efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing to create and update the overall event marketing strategy and special projects agenda for STAT.
- Ideate, plan, and execute meetings and events for STAT and our clients. You will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate all event goals and logistics prior to and during events.
- Oversee the planning and execution of audience outreach and event promotion.
- Coordinate and execute VIP/client special requests during planning and program execution.
- Create and foster relationships with venues, vendors, and key partners to leverage for current and future events.
- Manage development of proposals tailored to clients’ needs for event sponsorships and special programs, as well as prepare client contracts.
- Track event marketing budget including monitoring, projecting, allocation, and reconciliation of department funds for all event marketing initiatives.
- Create wrap reports for events and special projects after execution.
- Complete and oversee special projects as needed.
This opportunity is located in STAT’s downtown Boston office and necessitates travel to different markets approximately twice quarterly.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k contribution
- Generous Vacation Time
- Prime location in Downtown Boston