STAT is a leading online media brand reporting from the frontiers of health and medicine. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry with a mix of free and premium content offerings.
The business of STAT is currently driven by advertising, paid subscriptions, and events. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, and strategic individual to help grow the events side of the business. The Manager, Events and Special Projects will work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Senior Marketing Manager to plan and execute events and special projects for STAT readers, STAT Plus subscribers, and advertisers.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to take ownership of STAT’s events arm, help build a comprehensive event team and strategy from the ground up, and work with a variety of people across all teams.
- A polished events professional with 4 to 6 years experience planning and executing B2B events. 3 to 4 years managing outside vendors, sourcing, and negotiating contract services is also key.
- A natural-born leader and an aspiring manager who is excited at the opportunity to own and lead an organization’s event efforts, including growing an event team from the ground up.
- A driven self-starter with a positive attitude. You thrive in start-up environments fueled by creativity and innovation.
- A multi-tasker with experience managing projects from inception to completion. You are organized and have a keen attention to detail in doing so. You can also roll with the punches if unexpected hiccups come your way.
- A problem solver who works well both independently and with a team, with a track record of performing well in high-pressure situations.
- A relationship builder. You are great at developing and nurturing relationships with clients, venues, vendors, and partners.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator. Experience managing complex projects and communicating with high level individuals is key.
Bonus points if you…
- Have a strong understanding of biotech, pharma, and their supporting industries.
- Have experience producing webinars.
- Are familiar with how a publishing company works.
- Are familiar with how media brands have leveraged events as a new line of business.
- Ideate, plan, and execute meetings and events for STAT and our clients. You will liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate all event goals and logistics prior to and during events.
- Project manage event planning and execution from start to finish.
- Work closely with the editorial team to manage speaker outreach and coordination.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing to create and update the overall event marketing strategy and special projects agenda for STAT.
- Work with the marketing team to conceptualize new event opportunities for subscribers, clients, and sponsors.
- Coordinate and execute VIP/client special requests during planning and program execution.
- Create and foster relationships with venues, vendors, and key partners to leverage for current and future events.
- Track event marketing budget including monitoring, projecting, allocation, and reconciliation of department funds for all event initiatives.
- Contribute to wrap reports for events and special projects after execution.
- Complete and oversee special projects as needed.
This opportunity is located in STAT’s downtown Boston office and necessitates travel to different markets approximately twice quarterly. In 2019, STAT will execute one full day Summit, six subscriber events, and six webinars.
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.