STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing is national and international reputation.
This role is STAT’s first Product Analyst and while reporting to the Head of Product will establish the foundation for data literacy and data-driven decision making across the organization. Through the lens of growth and optimization, the role will help accelerate product development, as well as optimize our business practices across all business units. This will be done using a myriad of data sources and in close partnerships across teams including editorial, social, subscriptions, and advertising.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and set up dashboards to monitor the health of product adoption while also identifying areas of improvement and/or holes in our analytics & reporting
- Working with the Head of Product and stakeholders, develop and oversee projects to identify opportunities most important for growth, remove barriers/friction for product adoption, retention, engagement, and/or monetization via primary or secondary data sources
- Conceive, implement and analyze the results of tests to support product strategy development
- Develop an understanding of STAT’s products and technical stack to meet the company’s current and future needs
- Perform routine data maintenance, audits, and cleanup across all platforms
- Collaborating with social and editorial team in efforts to maximize subscriber engagement and traffic
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in data analytics with proficient SQL or other data query language skills a plus
- Extensive experience with Adobe Analytics or similar application
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to drive projects run by multi-functional teams to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to find insights and trends from data accurately with attention to details, document, communicate, and present in a concise manner.
- Understand the business implication of metrics based on web/app user experience event data
- Can stay organized and meet deadlines on multiple projects at once
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points for
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, CRMs, Customer Data Platforms, integration apps, email marketing, and marketing automation tools
- Interest in journalism and life science and health news
How to Apply
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter.