STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing is national and international reputation.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to play a key part in our continued growth. This role will report to the Head of Product and will work closely with STAT’s engineers, designers, and stakeholders across the organization to plan and iterate on new features and functionality for STAT’s technical stack.
This candidate will have a history of launching and maintaining digital products while working collaboratively with team members, have clear written and verbal communications skills, and a history of hitting deadlines while maintaining the highest level of attention to detail.
The candidate understands how to prioritize business and design requirements into something actionable by a team of engineers. Applicants for this role should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively to solve business, product, and technical challenges and overcome obstacles at all levels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on user experience planning and requirements gathering
- Work with the engineering team to translate requirements into actionable tasks
- Manage projects from planning through launch
- Work with the product team to craft and design A/B and multivariate testing experiments
- Research emerging technology trends especially in the digital media space
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Three or more years of product management experience for software, websites, and/or mobile applications
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to draft requirements documents and technical specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with web analytics and website automation preferred
- Understanding of common web development practices
- A thorough understanding of web usability best practices and trends in product design
- Can stay organized and meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points for
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, CRMs, and marketing automation tools
- Interest in journalism and life science and health news
How to Apply
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
Candidates can apply on the Boston Globe Media careers page with a resume and cover letter.