STAT is an online media publication focused on finding and telling compelling stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to advertisers and professional services in the health care space. At five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing its national and international reputation.
Part time (~3 days/week)
May – September, 2021
Remote (primarily operating within ET timezone)
STAT is looking for an organized individual with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to join our team over the summer as the Sales & Inbound Marketing Intern. This person will report to the Business Development Associate, and support the STAT+ Sales and Marketing teams on all customer service requests and account management needs.
Our ideal candidate shares our passion for providing the highest quality customer service experience to our readers. It is essential that you are patient, energetic, friendly, and organized.
- Politely and efficiently read and process all requests that come via email or via our ticketing/help-desk system. Tasks may include receipt requests, updating payment information, or helping to route various inquiries to the appropriate team member.
- Set up new accounts for individuals or companies.
- Adjust existing accounts based on customer need, including changing users or adding additional members to a group.
- Troubleshoot existing account challenges (login questions, passwords, etc.)
- Field general account and subscription / benefits questions.
- Handle all administrative paperwork for onboarding new partners and customers, including invoices, vendor documentation, or compliance forms.
- Work on and optimize STAT’s customer service chatbot.
- Support all account management tasks, including personalized quarterly check ins with hundreds of clients.
- Craft usage reports, and pull other data from various systems to support customer or internal requests.
- Support the business development, sales, and marketing teams on ad hoc special projects.
- BA (or equivalent degree or years of work or internship experience)
- Comfort with Microsoft and Google suite of tools (Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google sheets, Google slides)
- Demonstrated experience in quickly adopting various web-based platforms/tools
- This position will be remote. Candidates must be available to work during the business hours of 9am – 5pm ET, for at least 3 days a week, though some flexibility with this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Please be a good writer (you’ll send a lot of notes to people we care about!) and generally be a nice, smart person.
How to apply
Interested in this job? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume on the Boston Globe Media careers page.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
STAT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates all voices. A staff that reflects the world around us makes for better — and more accurate — journalism. STAT offers a competitive total compensation package and a generous array of benefits and employee perks.