1. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. STAT anticipates that it will accept submissions between April 19, 2021 and July 30, 2021 inclusive. STAT may modify the submission period at any time and for any reason in STAT’s sole discretion. Nominations must be made by submitting a completed submission form located at https://www.statnews.com/2021-stat-wunderkinds/
2. REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS. Submissions must be original and solely created by the Nominee. They must not contain any elements that were not created by Nominee. All sources must be clearly cited. Plagiarism or other use of any elements or materials that are not original may result in disqualification of the Submission, in STAT’s sole discretion. Submissions must not have been previously published. Submission must not infringe on the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any person or entity. STAT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) reject, disqualify, or modify a Submission without explanation,
(b) verify any element of a Submission or related materials, and
(c) disqualify any Nominee whose participation does not comply with Official Terms and Conditions or may subject, STAT, any sponsor, or any of its advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, and/or ridicule.
3. USE OF ENTRIES. By submitting an Entry, Submitter and/or Nominee grants to STAT, and to its licensees, successors and assigns, and any person or entity acting on its behalf, the irrevocable license to use, publish, display, exploit, modify, edit, transmit, distribute, and otherwise use the Submission (including, without limitation, the submitted written and visual materials) in all media, throughout the World, in perpetuity, and for any purpose (including advertising, publicity, and/or trade purposes), without notice to Nominee and without further compensation. By submitting a Submission, Nominee also represents and warrants that he/she has the right and authority to grant the license as described above.
4. RELEASE. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or email for whatever cause or other errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the STAT 2021 WUNDERKINDS Campaign (“WUNDERKINDS”). Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the WUNDERKINDS Campaign. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this WUNDERKINDS Campaign or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the WUNDERKINDS Campaign or Website, who are in violation of these Terms and Conditions, as solely determined by STAT, will be disqualified and all associated Submissions will be void. STAT reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the WUNDERKINDS Campaign at any time and for any reason. STAT reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify the Terms and Conditions governing the WUNDERKINDS Campaign upon prior notice. By participating, Submitter and Nominee agree that STAT and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Submitters and Nominees against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this WUNDERKINDS Campaign.
5. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. By participating in the WUNDERKINDS Campaign, whether as a Submitter or a Nominee, participants agree that any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to participation in the STAT WUNDERKINDS campaign shall be commenced exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts, and each participant irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such court in any action, suit or proceeding.